The Briagolong Cemetery is located on the corner of Cemetery Road and Boundary Road, some 5 kilometres on the Stratford side of Briagolong, Victoria, Australia. Bounded by undulating open grass-land on three sides, the cemetery is home to over fifty species of orchids, some not growing elsewhere except in rare isolated habitats along the embankments of disused railway-lines. The cemetery was first commenced under private ownership in 1882. A revised numbering system was introduced at some stage in the cemetery's history giving rise to uncertainty, in some instances, of the exact location of individual graves. The trustees raise funds for the upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery by charging enquirers a small 'lookup' fee for information about burials at the cemetery.