Full Record

Main Title: The first thirty years : Longwood Community Centre and Recreation Reserve / by Max Cox
Author: Cox, Max
Imprint: Longwood, Vic. : Max Cox, [2012]
Collation: 35 p. : ill., portraits, facsims, plans, spiral bound pbk ; 30 cm
Subject: Longwood Community Centre and Recreation Reserve (Vic.)
Longwood Mechanics' Institute and Free Library (Vic.)
Mechanics' institutes
Community halls
Community libraries
Neighbourhood houses
Longwood (Vic.)
Notes:
The Longwood Mechanics' Institute and Free Library was built in August, 1884. It was also known as the Longwood Hall. On 3 December 1983 a large crowd watched Mrs Daisy Hamilton, Longwood's oldest resident at the time, close the doors of the Longwood Mechanics Institute. After the closing a large contingent of townsfolk walked to the new Community Centre to witness the opening of the new building.
Result Collection Location Shelf No Status Notes
Non-Fiction Main Library 994.54 LONG MEC Available